Sunday, December 14, 2014

memories remembered

I remember getting scared out of my mind when climbed 2 feet up the rock climbing wall and having to climb down.
I remember when my whole family woke up because a baby chick was chirping from the incubator. And it imprinted on my brother.
I remember playing gameboys and how we would always get a new game before a road trip.
I remember my first backpacking trip and I was so tired and my pack was way too heavy.
I remember getting sick in Greece after I ate squid and was stuck in a packed taxi going down a mountain.
I remember I was about to kick a pebble off of the Eiffel tower before my Grandpa grabbed my shoulder and told me it would kill someone. And how I kept wanting to throw a paper airplane off.
I remember when one of my hamsters ate the other one's head off and I had no idea why.
I remember when my horse was spooked and it threw me but my foot was still stuck in the stirrup when it took off running. At least until I blacked out.
I remember peeing off Mt. Timpanogos and how my friend almost fell off a cliff fetching my hiking stick that I dropped.
I remember making gingerbread sleighs with my mom for my teachers in elementary school.
I remember riding scooters out in the rain. The best time to ride scooters.
I remember sitting in the corner of the band room by myself because I wouldn't stop talking.
I remember getting caught in a rip current, the first time I felt panic.
I remember milking the cows on those cold winter nights with my Dad.
I remember trying to sell rocks on the street corner. Hey, they were cool rocks.
I remember when life was more simple, and the juice tasted a little sweeter.

1 comment: